Responsibility is one of the core values of Jan Zandbergen B.V.. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) means taking responsibility and showing commitment to man, society and the environment.
What does this mean for Jan Zandbergen B.V. in practice:
- We take our clients and their interests seriously. Listening to their needs and providing a good service take priority in that respect. If applicable, we and the clients can also develop new products that suit their needs.
- Our employees are our most important asset. That is why we invest in training, in a traineeship policy (approved work placement company), safe working conditions and health.
- As a (second generation) family business, we are very much aware of our future generations and the opportunities we must create, to leave the world behind a better place. It is our responsibility to cooperate in preserving and restoring our beautiful planet. These are key reasons why Jan Zandbergen supports the Black Jaguar Foundation. Will you join our company in supporting them too? www.black-jaguar.org/the-first600/225
The Black Jaguar Foundation (BJF) is an international non-profit organization who works to realize the Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor: the longest nature corridor on earth and one of South America’s largest reforestation projects, in the heart of Brazil.
One of the tasks of the BJF to realizing the Araguaia Corridor is to replant millions of indigenous trees, restoring agricultural land back to its original habitat: the Amazon rainforest and the Cerrrado savannah. These ecosystems are vital to the survival of our own future as they supply 20% of the world’s oxygen – filter 30% of all sweet water – and are the source of 25% of all modern medicines. More information at www.black-jaguar.org
We want to reduce the consumption of water and energy to the greatest possible extent. That is why we are always looking to make savings in our processes. Here are a couple of examples:
- For our refrigeration and freezer units, we use an NH3 system. Ammoniac (NH3) is one of the most efficient coolants. An NH3 system offers the lowest-energy solutions for the most important refrigeration applications.
- Our refrigeration and freezer units have extra thick insulating walls to reduce energy consumption. They are also fitted with self-closing doors, letting less heat in and keeping temperatures lower.
- In 2009, we commissioned a refrigeration plant with heat recovery unit. This has saved a lot of energy, which benefits not just the operational costs, but also relieves the environment.
- The production areas and refrigeration and freezer units use sustainable LED lighting. This responds to motion and as such does not burn at full force constantly. Our latest (2015) and also largest refrigeration units have an automatic crane system, which means no one hardly ever needs to be inside and as such the lights are off most of the time.
- People on the work floor are encouraged to act responsibly in terms of the environment. This ranges from separating waste and switching off machines when they are not in use to our drivers driving economically.